1234, Main Street
Boston, MA 02123
05 April, 2005
<Recipient Address Goes Here>
When <I/We> hired <preparer> to prepare <my/our> <year> taxes, <I/We> trusted that the result would be correct. Unfortunately, that has not proven to be the case. The result of <my/our> tax preparation stated that <I/We> owe <$amount> to the IRS. This is clearly in error and <I/We> have no intention of paying that amount.
<I/We> would like to discuss this matter with an IRS representative to see if we can reach an acceptable solution. It may be that <I/We> will need to have <my/our> taxes computed by the IRS, and if that is the case the necessary documents and receipts can be provided.
This is a grave error that must be corrected. Please have someone contact <me/us> as soon as possible to discuss the matter. Thank you for your time.
encl: <List of enclosed items goes here>
Top Sample Letters terms:
- sample letter to irs disputing
- template letter disputing irs
- dispute sales tax letter
- irs tax dispute letter sample
- sample disputing irs letter
- sample irs tax dispute letters
- sample letter to irs disputing tax bill
- sample letters challenging irs bills
- sample of leeters contesting irs