This letter is in response to your inquiry regarding our
flexibility in the discount rate we offer for early
settlement of accounts.
Our established discount is 2% of the total invoiced amount
when payment is received within 10 days of delivery. This
figure is not one that has been arbitrarily chosen, but is
based on cost, overhead and profit. To increase this discount
rate for all of our accounts would seriously jeopardize our
firm and to increase the rate for an individual account would
be both unfair and unethical. I believe that you will find
that the 2% discount rate we offer our customers is standard
in the industry.
We consider you a most valued customer and hope that you can
appreciate our position in this matter. If we are able to
accommodate you in any way that is within our company policy,
we will be most happy to do so.
Top Sample Letters terms:
- sample of additional cost letter
- settlement letter to customer
- request for increase in offer letter
- letter denying request for discount
- letter of early settlement
- reply letter to decline customers request of discount